FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much do lessons cost?
Introductory lessons are $32 for half an hour with no further commitment required. One hour lessons are recommended for students over the age of 15.
COSTS AFTER INTRO LESSON
Age: 7 -15
$32 per half hour
$32 per half hour
$60 per hour
CLICK HERE FOR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Do you teach all genres of music?
With proper technique you should be able to sing any style that you choose. The exercises that I give you will be specially designed for your voice, in time making you the very best singer that you can be. The aim is to have the versatility to sing jazz, pop, blues, soul and folk with subtle variations in style.
Do you teach beginners as well as professionals?
Yes, even professional singers take singing lessons. There is always something more to learn!
Can anyone learn to sing or are singers born with the gift to sing?
As long as you can speak, you can sing! If a person has trouble singing “in tune” sometimes they just need a little bit of help. I can work with you to pinpoint what help and guidance you need to improve your voice.
How long will I need to take lessons?
It all depends on where you are now and how far you would like to go. Some issues can be solved in a few lessons but I recommend a commitment of at least 6 months if you want to be professional singer.
Do I really need vocal technique if I can already sing?
Yes. Vocal technique is crucial to keeping your voice healthy and strong. This is especially important for young singers whose voices are still developing. Sadly many singers require vocal surgery that could have been avoided if they had taken care of their voice and sought vocal training! My goal is to help you keep singing for a lifetime.
Can I get a lesson via the internet?
Currently I am offering lessons via Skype as well as face to face lessons.
Can you be too old or too young to begin singing?
With very young children, I mostly keep singing fun but I prefer not to start teaching children until they are at least 7 years old. This is because the voice is still developing and can be delicate at this age.
You’re never too old to do something you love and everyone can make improvement.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SINGING?
- Confidence boosts and enhanced presence
- Creative expression and emotional release
- Enhanced communication and social skills
- Increased concentration and lengthened attention span
- Ability to empathize with others through emotional storytelling
- Increased awareness of self and others
- Increased understanding of one’s own emotional state
- Release of sadness and anxiety
- Positive changes of mood through stress reduction
- Increased appreciation and knowledge of music and the arts
- Sense of control over life through accomplishments and successful experiences